List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Control Center/ "File Manager"
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       2000-02-28 9:33:43

> In the File Manager section of the Kontrol Center, there's
> the option to "Open Directories in separate windows."  And, it's
appropriate image.

> Am I the only one that thinks that image is a bit--- cheezy?
> Windows has that same "feature" and it's not any more useful in there :)

I suppose the image is there to make it easier to understand...
But I'm not convinced it's necessary, either.

> I think that if you want to have such a thumbnail, it should
> be a huge one
> spanning the top half of that entire box, and that all (or
> most) the controls
> should have some sort of effect on it.

But that would mean N*M*P versions of the image,
if there are 3 options with each respectively N/M/P possibilities...
And tell me how you show the difference between single click
and double click on a non-animated image... :)

> Or maybe I would just be content with getting rid of that
> image completely.
>
> Please comment.

If you care for your life, don't touch it until you've got
Preston's opinion on this. He added it.

:-)

David.