List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE on SGI/Irix (fwd)
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       2000-02-28 9:09:50

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1970 12:02:52 -0800
From: Chris Costanzo <costacg@earthlink.net>
To: hoelzer@kde.org
Subject: KDE on SGI/Irix

Dear Matthias,

I am a long time KDE user on all my SGI machines. I love the enviroment,
and the feel of the windowing enviroment.

However, I am writing in somewhat dismay.

I have no means to compile source code on my machine. I run IRIX 6.5.5
and you need to purchase a compiling program from SGI which is in
upwards of 3k.

What I am afraid of is the lack of distributions for IRIX. Myself, and
quite a few of my friends who have SGI's all run KDE.

Is there anything that can be done, or any hope for us? I long for the
day of a port of Koffice :)

-Chris