List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DPMS and Xfree86 pre 4.0
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       2000-02-24 17:05:20

Shad wrote:
> I'm using the cvs version of XFree86, and I can not get
> kdebase/kcontrol/display to compile because of the X11 include dpms.h

I've found a few things that don't compile right with the updated XFree
betas.  As part of their massive re-work of the XFree architecture,
they've changed some of the function prototypes to move things forward
into a more C++ style (rather than a purely C only style).
Unfortunately, though, this has meant that a few things have broken;
kdm, kcontrol/display, etc.

I've sent notes off to them about things that I've noticed that have
changed, but to be honest don't really expect much (if any) changes to
be made prior to release.  Best bet I'd say would be to wait and see if
someone else out there using the XFree beta comes up with a patch for
it.

--
Graham TerMarsch