List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: :NetAccess::upload()
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-02-24 15:01:39

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 04:10:22PM +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > >
> > > static bool upload(const QString& src, const KURL& target, KIOJob* job=0L)
>         						       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > > static bool upload(const QString& src, const KURL& target, bool
> > > overwrite= false, bool showErrDlg=false, KIO::Error& err=0)
> > >
> > > same with download().
> > >
> > > With this, I can use my own KIOJob in a), in b) already provided (same
> > You can't have your own KIO::Job - the constructor isn't public :)
> Well, why does upload() and download() have a pointer to (which the docu
> says) "your own KIOJob" ?!? ;-)

You're reading old docu...
The arg is not there anymore (update !). Though the documentation
might need some fixes :-))

> for special purposes like #define protected public ???
> Or for using e.g. CopyJob ?
None.

> > Well, KIO::Error is an int
> OK, then showErrDlg=false, int& err);

!!! This is impossible. You can't have an arg with
no default argument AFTER args with defaults arguments.
int * is the only solution.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org