List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bug in konsole (with transparent background)
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       2000-02-22 16:59:51

> > 1) Take for example the background "No-Ones-Laughing-3.jpg" (mode Center Tiled)
> > 2) start konsole (in transparent mode)
> > 3) switch to the fullscreen view (=> RMB on background => Fullscreen)
> >
> > => Now the background is looking quite strange untill you are moving the "konsole-window"!
> >

> I know what you mean. Beside this one, konsole is known to contain quite
> some little annoyences, mostly centered around resizing and configuration.
> Expect konsole to be all singing and dancing by end of march.

Lars:

  I have a request towards konsole. I am willing to implement it myself,
if it is not already in your plans.

  I want to provide a visible way of swithching between the virtual
konsoles - the ideal would be a tab-box, but let's say a dynamically
updated toolbar with buttons for it should be fine, too. Something like
the document changer in StarOffice or the kicker taskbox. And it would be
nice to be able to give names to the virtual consoles. Of course it would
be optional.

  I guess it can be done easily once the standard menus are converted to
actions - but this is why I don't want to touch it while you are working
on it.

                 thanks
                   Lotzi