List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: mcop compile eats too much core
From:       Thorsten Westheider <thorsten.westheider () teleos-web ! de>
Date:       2000-02-19 22:49:04

David Faure wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 01:17:13PM +0000, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > #if David Faure
> > > You mean that you get 'virtual memory exhausted' (add swap) ?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > I would add swap, but I think kdelibs should be compilable with 64M
> > and not much running.
>
> Yes, I reported this to Stefan (actually, made someone report it to him).
> Since it's the file that currently requires a lot of memory when compiling,
> I think it should be split up (I guess that's the only solution).

I have 256 megs here on my machine, 128 megs free (+100
megs swap) when gcc starts compiling mcopidl and I get that
same error. This sounds quite unusual and I'd guess (without
having looked at it) there's some recursion going on (alas,
it eats memory in 20 meg pieces!).

	cu
	  Thorsten

--
Dipl.-Phys. Thorsten Westheider     / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
Im Schlingen 15                    / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /