List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Does anyone have work?
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2000-02-10 19:34:07

On Čt, 10 úno 2000, Raphael Mack wrote :
> Hello,
>
> I want to develop a app for KDE. But I don't know what. Does anyone of you have \
> s.th. to do? I don't have so much expierience with developing Apps for KDE but I \
> want to make s.th. what is needet and not only these stupid 'hello world' programs. \
>  If anyone knows s.th. interesting I'd be very greateful.
>
> Raphael

 You may try http://www.kde.org/jobs.html . Also, if you're not much
experienced, it would be probably better if you first started working on an
existing application rather than creating your own. You can learn many things
when digging in the sources of app KWhatever and looking for that damned bug :).
 Either way, if you don't know what to do, just go doing something in KDE, run
your favourite apps and when you find something you really hate or miss, that
might be a thing you may change. That's how I do it, the good thing about this
is that you have a motivation to finish it :).
 And in case you still don't know what to do, well, I think it's time to
completely rewrite my KHotKeys configuration module, and sooner or later also
to port it to KDE 2.x . Do you want to try ? It's just a lot of playing with
different widgets ( so much I spent 10x more time just with it than with the
core functionality, and I don't have much spare time these days ). First use
the right link below my name, and if you're insterested, use the left link
under my name. And in case you're not interested, I'm sure there's a lot of
things to do elsewhere.

 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@email.cz http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli