List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: free instead of destructor
From:       Malte Starostik <starosti () zedat ! fu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-02-07 17:54:14

Marcos Dione wrote:

>         programming under several laguages sometimes let you have an
> idea... and the mine (actually, a Borland's one) is: why don't have
> something like the free method under Delphi? that method, declared in
> TObject (wich here would be QObject?), destroys the object if and only if
> the object is allocated (is not a null pointer). could this be done under
> c++/KDE? I think that would help to make things easier...

I don't see what it'd be good for. In C++ you can just do delete myobj as
equivalent to if (myobj) delete myobj. I think Botland only introduces this
TObject.Free thing because there is no such "intelligent" delete operator.
-Malte

--
570 Professoren glauben, daß Atomunfälle auch künftig
immer nur woanders passieren