List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Display technologies in KDE
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-02-03 9:22:19

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Martin Konold wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Roberto Alsina wrote:
>
> > > Hmm,.. I am getting the impression that GNOME does the better marketing.
> > > Please tell me the advantage of using gnome-print instead of QPrinter?
> >
> > Well, they do get antialiased output on PCL printers, that ghostscript
> > does not, but that should really be fixed on ghostscript instead of on all
> > printing architectures, since the rasterizer DOES support antialiasing (as
> > you can see on screen)
>
> Getting antialiased output on non ps printers is definetely not the job of
> the desktop environment!

Well, it is something that is nice to have, isn't it? And if a desktop
environment programmers feel it is something nice ENOUGH to have,
eventually it will get coded :-)

And while we are talking about printing, has anyone looked at Corel's
printlib? It's not a library to print, but to choose printers, queue
printing jobs, and such.

It would be nice knowing how it compares with Qt's support for the same.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul