List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Big, bad, fonts... (fwd)
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       2000-01-31 21:07:58

Mark Zealey wrote:
> I got the latest cvs (kdeall). Then I compiled them, and in
> toolbars, konq icons etc I get about size 20 courier in bold. How do I
> sort this out?

First time I saw this problem, I went into kcontrol and updated the
"locale" that I was in.  Seems that the default locale for my new user
got set to something other than US, and it was trying to use Unicode for
all of the fonts.  After changing it to US and restarting KDE it seemed
to get rid of the problem for me.  Note, that I didn't apply the
"removal of xset in startkde" that I've seen others recommend; didn't
find that one and this seemed to fix the problem for me.

--
Graham TerMarsch

// I've enjoyed just about as much of this as I can stand.