List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Probs with snapshot
From:       Jason Stephenson <panda () mis ! net>
Date:       2000-01-30 0:05:25

Ok, this may be a lame-o question, but I'm just getting started with KDE
development, so please bear with me here.

I'm trying to compile the 20000128 snapshot of QT 2.1 along with the latest
snapshots of kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase, & kdenetwork. The Qt snapshot won't
compile. I wasted four hours this morning downloading various recent snapshots
going back a week, and none compile. So, I recompiled the 12/31 snapshot that
previously worked.

However, the latest KDE snapshots would not compile with the 12/31 Qt snapshot.
So, now I'm back to trying to compile the latest Qt snapshots.

Make complains as follows:

cd src/moc; make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jason/proj/kde/KDE2.0/qt-public-cvs/src/moc'
make[1]: *** No targets.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jason/proj/kde/KDE2.0/qt-public-cvs/src/moc'
make: *** [moc] Error 2

I've looked at $QTDIR/src/moc/Makefile and don't see anything glaringly wrong.
Has anyone got a fixed Makefile for src/moc or can tell me what I need to do to
get this to compile? I'd appreciate it very much thanks.

If this is off-topic for this list, then feel free to flame me. I can take it.
:-)

Jason