List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Note about CVS, please read
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       2000-01-28 16:16:02

To developers with a CVS account : please do not use the command
"cvs watch on".

This sets the files read-only, both on the server and to those
who checkout or update those files.
This makes it more complicated for everybody to hack those files,
so it's not really in the spirit of KDE where everybody hacks other's stuff
:-)

I'm the first one to blame, I tried cvs watch on ktalkd a long long time
ago, I thought it did nothing, but the file permissions got screwed up there

because of this :}

I've fixed all I've seen in CVS that looked like similar mistakes.
Tell me if I missed anything.

kdoc was all watched on, perhaps it was intentionnal but I realised that
too late (Taj ?).

kdesdk/ksgmltools is all 'watched on' by Frederik Fouvry, and this one seems

intentionnal, so I didn't fix it. Should I ?

Rule of the day : don't use "cvs watch on".

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer