List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to avoid installation of libraries?
From:       Thorsten Westheider <thorsten.westheider () teleos-web ! de>
Date:       2000-01-25 11:22:25

Hi,

I wonder how to avoid installation of libraries that I
only build for convenience reasons.
For example, I have several sub directories each building
a different binary but all of them having some code in
common. The common code is fairly small and in most cases
only one of the executables is running.
So I decided to put the common code into an archive
that each executable is linked with statically.
The problem arising now is, that this archive (let's call
it x.la for now) is installed in $KDEDIR/lib which is,
of course, not my intention.

My Makefile.am for the library looks like this:

INCLUDES         = -I$(QTDIR)

lib_LTLIBRARIES  = x.la

x_la_SOURCES     = <lots of .cpp's>

noinst_HEADERS   = <lots of .h's>

x_la_LDFLAGS     = -version-info 1:0:0 $(X_LDFLAGS) $(QT_LDFLAGS)
$(USER_LDFLAGS)
x_la_LIBADD      =

Is there any way to avoid installation?

	cu
	  Thorsten

--
Dipl.-Phys. Thorsten Westheider     / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
Im Schlingen 15                    / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /