List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: setIconText of KToolBar ?
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-01-17 18:59:16

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Mark Deneen wrote:
>I assume konqy uses ktoolbar, but I get the same effect of text underneath (not
>below) the pixmap.  I'm not sure what's going on, because sometimes it goes
>below.  I think if I apply the style in kcontrol, it doesn't do it correctly,
>but if I start a new konqueror it does.
>
>Actually, I haven't got it to do the text underneath icon since I got the
>snapshot of the 15th (and qt from the 15th too)
>
>But, I still get some oddities, which you can see here:
>
>http://tick.dhs.org/snapshot.jpg
Hmmm... now I see. I guess it is bug in kcontrol, but I´m not sure -might be in
KToolBar or KToolBarButton too.

Anyway I am working on KToolbarButton. It will inherit QToolButton which
provides a lot of features, so a lot of rather ugly code in KToolBarButton will
go away. QToolButton-based KToolBarButton compiles, and looks promising,
although some features are missing and there are some small problems.

Further, I will see if it is useful to make KToolBar inherit QToolBar, and
maybe KTMainWindow inherit QMainWindow.
If it turns out to be possible and useful it would reduce size of libkdeui.

--
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org