List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How do I call pointer-to-member function with gcc 2.8 ?
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-01-05 13:24:51

On ons, 05 jan 2000, aleXXX wrote:
>On Mit, 05 Jan 2000, Espen Sand wrote:
>>
>> --
>> Espen Sand
>

>Small addition:
>
>class SomeStuff;
>
>typedef void (SomeStuff::FunctionPointer) (SomeArgumentClass * =0);
>
>class SomeStuff
>{
>FunctionPointer currentFunction;
>void f1(SomeArgumentClass *a=0);
>void f2 (SomeArgumentClass *b=0);
>}
>this function is member of SomeStuff:
>
>void SomeStuff::whateverFunction()
>{
>SomeArgumentClass xyz;
>currentFunction=&f1;
>currentFunction(&xyz);
>}
>
>*currentFunction(&xyz);
>doesn't work neither
>
>So what should I do?

1) I have never tried with default arguments so I don't know what problems that
may introduce.

2) I setup the pointer with "printOffset = &CHexBuffer::printDummyOffset;"
In your case currentFunction = &SomeStuff::f1;

3) What do you mean by "doesn't work" ?

4) If you can compile khexedit (cvs or kde 1.1.x version) then you use function
pointers. Have a look in hexbuffer.cc + h to see how it is done.

--
Espen Sand