List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Do we need a license to criticize Mr Fasoldt's work?
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       1999-12-25 2:47:16

Hrm. Funny guy. In the time he took writing this article he probably
could have documented an application... As far as the political rhetoric
about national origins, religion, politicial systems, etc.., that is
usually a sign that the individual no longer has much of value to
contribute. I don't even know why this is being forwarded here, it's
really just noise.

Al does not realize that the majority of KDE is developed by people in
their spare time for fun, and many are not native English speakers. I
wonder what he would think if everything was excellently documented, but
in French? ;) Evidently he has some grasp of the English language but
instead of helping solve the problem he complains. It's a valid
complaint, but what do you think would of been a better allocation of
his time?

What is nonsense is that he is evidently one of the many Linux users who
think you get something for nothing. You don't. If there is something
you want and you obviously have the capability to implement it you will
get very little sympathy by commiting large amounts of time whining
instead of implementing. That is not how free software works, if it was
we would have absolutely nothing. I find it ironic that someone can
download the results of hundreds of man hours of volunteer work, make a
complaint that he has more than enough resources to fix, then be
offended when he is told maybe he should try to help. People are silly.

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com