List:       kde-devel
Subject:    In what format are KDE-binaries?
From:       claus wilke <claus.wilke () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-12-25 1:03:35

Hi,

sorry that I am asking so many questions, but there is just so much to know. ;-)

In what format are KDE-binaries on a Linux - glibc2.1 system? Whenever I try to
run gdb, ldd, or any of the binutils programs on a binary I have built with a
KDE makefile, I get something like 'not in executable format: file format not
recognized', or 'not a dynamic executable', no matter whether I configure with
or without --enable-debug.

Other binaries, even ones linked with Qt, work without any problem.
What is going on here?

Best,
  Claus

--