Tobias Burnus wrote: > I tried to drag an file from the KFM of KDE 1.1.2 to a Qt 2.1 > progam. I never enter the dragEnterEvent function in the Qt program. > Now I tried to drag a file (URI) from Netscape and it worked. KDE 1.x used a KDE specific dnd protocol. KDE2 and Qt 2.x both use the XDND protocol. They are >NOT< compatible so KDE 1.x and KDE2/Qt2 apps will not natively be able to dnd with each other. Drops from Netscape work since Motif dnd is hacked into Qt. > Question: > a) Is this a flaw in Qt 2.1 or in KDE 1.x It's not a flaw at all. Drops from KDE 1.x into Qt 2.x will never work -- they are using totally different protocols. > b) Will this change in KDE 2/KRASH (I think so, since it is based on > Qt 2.1, but I cannot test it right now) I honestly don't know if we'll have some support in KDE 2.0 to handle legacy apps dnd. I can promise that it will be looked at, though... -- Kurt Granroth | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth KDE Developer/Evangelist | SuSE Labs Open Source Developer granroth@kde.org | granroth@suse.com KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix