List:       kde-devel
Subject:    configure & make in subdir (was: please help: cannot link c-library into kde-program)
From:       claus wilke <claus.wilke () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-12-20 10:04:32

Sorry,

I have some more questions.

I have added the AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS macro in configure.in. In my case it looks
like
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS (kbiblio/btparse/configure)
(my program is in subdir kbiblio, and the library is in sub-subdir btparse)
Now, on ./configure, the configure script of the btparse package is called. So
this works as expected. However, the files that the configure of btparse
generates are written into the directory ./, not into the directory
kbiblio/btparse/   :-(. So in summary, it doesn't work.

Another problem arises in the make process. Adding btparse to the subdir line in
the Makefile.am of kbiblio doesn't help to compile btparse, because automake is
involved, which looks for a Makefile.in in btparse, which is not there because
btparse build works differently from the kde-build process. So what I really
need is the possibility to simply invoke the command make in the subdir
kbiblio/btparse.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much,
  Claus

(Getting this to run is very important to me, because it would give me BibTex
parsing for free :-) )

--
Claus Wilke
claus.wilke@gmx.net