List:       kde-devel
Subject:    please help: cannot link c-library into kde-program
From:       claus wilke <claus.wilke () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-12-19 21:54:40

Hi,

this is probably a stupid question, but since I cannot resolve it with the gcc
man pages, I am asking this on this list. There are certainly people here who
know the answer.

I have a c-library that I want to link into a kde-program. However, gcc doesn't
recognize the symbols in the library. Any -l<libname> and -L<path to the
library> doesn't help. Even giving the library directly as an input file name
in addition to the object files does not help. So I assume that c-libraries are
somewhat different from c++ libraries and cannot simply be linked together. How
can I resolve this?

Another question: can I configure autoconf/automake such that it automatically
configures and makes the library which resides in a subdir?
( Say, my program is dir ./, and the library is in ./clib. The commands
'./configure' and 'make' in dir ./clib configure and make the library. It would
be neat if they could be called automatically when the user types ./configure
and make in directory ./).

Many thanks for any answers,
Best,
  Claus