List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problem with autocompletion in KLineEdit
From:       claus wilke <claus.wilke () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-12-17 15:04:48

Hi,

KLineEdit automatically sets the cursor at the end of the text after a
completion event. This doesn't allow one to implement intertext completions
(complete the first part but leave the rest intact), because after the
completion the cursor will be at the end of the line, and not at the end of the
newly inserted text, which is rather strange.

I consider this a bug, and would propose to remove the line
   cursorAtEnd();
in function
   bool KLineEdit::eventFilter (QObject *, QEvent *e)
Can anybody do this (I haven't got CVS access)? Any objections (applications
that don't take care of the cursor themselves could be broken afterwards. On
the other hand, the header file of KLineEdit tells you you should call
cursorAtEnd() yourself, so mabe everybody is doing this anyway, and nothing
will be broken?)

Claus
 --
Claus Wilke