List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Q: OPL KDE Book
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () Glue ! umd ! edu>
Date:       1999-12-16 23:28:22

I'm working on a KDE development book (along with others here!) that
will be released, I VERY happy to say, under the Open Publication License
(OPL).  This license is similar to GPL, but tailored to books
(see www.opencontent.org)

Anyway, I'd like to do an appendix that has a list of KDE classes,
descriptions, and screen shots.  I'd like to start with the text from the
header files from the kdelibs CVS modules, edit the text, flesh it out
where necessary, add screen shots and
	1) Use the result as an appendix in the book.
	2) Return the results to the KDE project.  The text could be
put back in the header files, and the screen shots could be used, for example,
on developer.kde.org (but, well, anywhere people would want them).

Sound good?  Anyone opposed? I'm open to opinions and suggestions.  I'd
like to take advantage of the OPL choice and do The Right Thing with this
book.

Dave