List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Screen saver password dillema?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-13 11:11:11

Antal Novak wrote:

> I was just wondering...
>
> Out of sheer curiosity, although I dont think this is a common problem,
> but still... there is a slight problem with the screen saver password
> entry, in that, by hitting ESC while you are entering your password, you
> are automatically returned to the screensaver.  What if your password
> contains an ESCape character (or several other 'special' characters, ex
> the F keys, which are ignored in password entry for the screen saver)?
> There should be some sort of "escape key" (not necessarily literally the
> escape key) that literally accepts whatever you enter.

Ever tried to enter a passwd that contains TAB in kdm? :)

This is nonsense: passwords should contain symbols, not keys. I consider
it a bug in passwd that it allows you to enter TAB and ESC.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.