List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-12-03 14:44:47

On Fri, 03 Dec 1999, Hans Petter Bieker wrote:
> config->readEntry("Bla", default) used to return default if the config
> files contained the folowing:
> Bla=
> Now it returns "" because QString::right(0) was changed to return ""
> instead of QString::null. Some code depends on the old behaviour (like
> KLocale and libkcm_locale). The patch below changes KConfig to return
> defualt instead of "". May I commit it?

Is it such that writing QString::Null reads back QString::Null and that writing
"" reads back ""? Otherwise KLocale and friends shouldn't rely on differences
between these two.

So please either make kconfig distinguish between these two or
document that kconfig doesn't and fix KLocale.

I prefer the first.

Cheers,
Waldo