List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: how about shared memory
From:       Joao Neto <jpgpn () netc ! pt>
Date:       1999-12-03 13:32:41

On Fri, 03 Dec 1999, aleXXX wrote:
> I am thinking about using shared memory for communication between apps.
> Can I do or should this be avoided for KDE-apps (possibly an ioslave) ?
>
> Bye
> Alex

Hi!
I can't help you very much with that question but I belive that you can use the
standard unix libraries for creating shared memory. Why dont you try to create
a new class named KSharedMemory or something using the standard kernel
functions for shared memory? I don't know if it has been done before but I
can't think of any inconvenience... I mean, a Kde process is like any other
process.
B y the way, I can't just understand why there are no classes for working with
threads... that would be cool.

Hope I could help you,

Joao Neto