List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KSocket
From:       Joao Neto <jpgpn () netc ! pt>
Date:       1999-12-03 1:03:13

Hi! I'm new to KDE programming and I'm learning it by using it.
I used to use "the other operative system" sometimes in the past. The only
thing I do miss about it is that great newsreader I had that could decode my
binary messages on the fly and execute them. When I started using KDE I looked
for such a newsreader but without luck. So I thought about making one to fill
in the gap. I have some experience with object and GUI programming.
At this moment Klan - my newsreader is in very, very, very early development
and I was looking for some information on KSocket... I'm using a derivated
class from KSocket for reading and writing to the TCP socket with the standard
C library. I had to implement the read and the write methods. Why doesn't the
original KSocket provide such methods? Maybe I'm missing out something...
Anyone out there with an advice / information / extra documentation on KSocket
and Internet programming with KDE?

--

Joao Neto