List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: thoughts about network integration in KDE2, please read (was:
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-12-02 13:26:30

I think it might be better to write an ioslave that conceals the
server location stuff Alex is talking about. For example you could
have a kdelink file in the dir tree view that referenced this ioslave
(call it 'Network Neighbourhood'!) and provided a nice tree view
of the available servers/services without breaking the URL RFC. This
seems a much cleaner way to do it and for my money is a better model
for the user interface.

Comments?

Rich.

--