List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail
From:       Bob Bernstein <ruptured-duck () home ! com>
Date:       1999-11-29 20:42:24

dep <dep@snet.net> wrote:

> good news: apparently now downloads the mail.
>
> bad news: mail never shows up in kmail's inbox.

kmail appears not to be able to write new messages, even from a spool file,
into its folders; unless I'm very mistaken, they seem to go into the cosmic
byte bucket.

A couple of tests running fetchmail (set to leave messages on the server!),
then directly inspecting the spool file, then - in kmail - 'checking' the
local spool account, produce this effect. Messages seen in the spool never get
to a kmail folder, and after kmail checks the spool, it's empty. Ergo -> byte
bucket.

Also, kmailrc does not seem to be created properly, at least when there is
more than one account created. (I don't know if this is related to the
vanishing mail syndrome; I don't think it is...)

--
Bob Bernstein                http://members.home.net/ruptured-duck
at

"I think it's a bad treaty." Henry Kissinger in The Washington Post, 10/14/99.