List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror cvs today
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-11-29 13:08:21

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 28, 1999 at 06:10:17PM +0100, FERDINAND GASSAUER wrote:
> > > 1) konqueror ftp - why we don't see the "date" field ? would be nice to "sort"
> > > the files in respect to the date filed
> >
> > Parsing dates from the listing given by the FTP server is tricky, and
> > wasn't implemented. I'm currently doing so. Stay tuned...
> >
> > > 2) konqueror  opening *.tgz files - broken ?? or is it supposed to extract it
> > > immediately ?
> >
> > Broken (well, never worked in konqueror). Can't remember why.
>
> Because kio_tar is broken..

That explains why I didn't understand how it could work! I was going
to write a zip handler based on it yesterday, but I couldn't see it
ever working as it didn't handle half of the kio commands. Do we have
a working example of how to write a kioslave for an archive file?

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.robocast.com/	richard@robocast.com