David Faure wrote: > > > david was right -- adding if_ppp.h did the trick in building kppp in the 1126 > > snapshots. interestingly, though, in that snapshot make in kdenetwork > > completely ignores kppp. had to make and make install by hand. > That's because kppp/configure.in.in disables kppp's compilation on systems > that don't have if_ppp.h and other system includes, such as yours :-) Correct. The test worked and prevented dep from compiling ;). I just changed to #ifdef's to always look in /usr/include/linux on Linux. glibc puts one into net as well put that seems to cause problems. > > > interestingly, too, kppp doesn't show up on kmenu, though kppp-logview does. > > odd. > Did you look for "Internet Dialer" ? > Yeah, user friendly names suck :-) I don't know where this will end. I'm happy with "Internet Dialer", "Text Editor" etc. but we'll run into problems if more alternatives pop up for one task. I would prefer showing the real name first and the description/general name as a tooltip only. Harri.