List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: requirements?
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       1999-11-27 21:46:42

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:
|chiefly kppp, blew up. koffice doesn't work here yet.
|
|Both compile & work fine here. Compilation or running problems ?

um, yes. <g> in the case of kppp, the 1126 snapshot of kdenetwork
went through configure, make, and make install fine, but when i
started kde2 there was no kppp, though there were other apps from the
package. so i went back into /kdenetwork/kppp and did make all, and
got:

pppstats.cpp:79: net/if_ppp.h: No such file or directory
In file included from pppstats.cpp:89:
log.h:35: warning: ANSI C does not allow macro with variable arguments
log.h:38: warning: ANSI C does not allow macro with variable arguments
make[1]: *** [pppstats.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/kdenetwork/kppp'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

and in koffice i got:

In file included from kimageshop_view.cc:30:
dialogs/colordialog.h:24: kdualcolorbtn.h: No such file or directory
dialogs/colordialog.h:28: kpixmapeffect.h: No such file or directory
kimageshop_view.cc:51: kaction.h: No such file or directory
kimageshop_view.cc:694: warning: ANSI C does not allow `#warning'
kimageshop_view.cc:694: warning: #warning "Make this configurable."
kimageshop_view.cc:705: warning: ANSI C does not allow `#warning'
kimageshop_view.cc:705: warning: #warning "Make this configurable."
make[3]: *** [kimageshop_view.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/koffice/kimageshop'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/koffice/kimageshop'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/koffice'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

so i went subdirectory by subdirectory and built kword, kspread,
etc., individually and did make install on 'em individually, and they
segfault. as does korganizer, actually.

there are some work-in-progress signs, but overall, it really is
great; if i could get kppp to work and kmail to receive as well as
send mail, i'd move over to it right now. it really is usable.
interestingly, and i don't know if it's my fault or just the current
state of the code, the logout kmenu item doesn't do anything i can
find.

system is k6-2-400/256megs, egcs-1.1.2, qt-2.1 snapshot from
yesterday.

--
                2000 is a number that breaks computers.