List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror cvs of yesterday
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-27 15:32:06

On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 05:37:26PM +0100, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 03:32:58PM +0100, FERDINAND GASSAUER wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > 1) ftp does not work
> > It works for me. Can you tell me more ?
> > Which server, user or anonymous, what happens ?
> >
> > > 2) Tree View : message malformed URL
> > Lemme see ... Ah yes just got that, but only when switching from
> > the dirtree view. Simon :
> > konqueror (kdebase): KonqTreeViewWidget::openURL( (null), 0, 0 )
> > The dirtree having an empty URL, it breaks when changing the view mode.
> > We should default to the home dir when the url shown
> > in the previous mode is empty.
>
> Hmmm, this is a strange bug.. (especially as it used to work!) .
>
> It seems no URL is stored in the history (although the started() signal is
> emitted after the URL is stored in m_strURL (which is used by ::url(),
> called by the mainview) .

The problem is that the current URL is empty, in the dir tree !
It's not a treeview-related problem.
Try dirtree and then iconview, you get the same problem.

> Hmmmm, what about getting rid of the treeview? ;-)
> (or merging with dirtree)
Sure - I thought it would have been the same from the beginning :-)
But that's unrelated.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org