List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Screensaver
From:       Troy Engel <tengel () sonic ! net>
Date:       1999-11-23 18:59:19

Roland Seuhs wrote:

> I want to run a (non-KDE) program while the screensaver is active.
>
> Are there any screensaver start/stop scripts?
>
> Maybe there is a screensaver which just blanks the screen and starts a
> user-defined program?

Download the xscreensaver package, at least version 2.0 or 2.1.  Inside
is a bash script "xscreensaver.kss" which launches the real xscreensaver
(non-KDE) from within the standard KDE screensaver dialog; this is
probably exactly what you're after to get the job done with very few
modifications.

-te

--
Troy Engel