List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: RE: XDND
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       1999-11-23 13:29:17

> > When copying URLs you're not supposed to provide text/plain, are you ?
> > Text is text, not urls.
>
> If you have a document you can provide both the URL of the document and
> the content of the document.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^
We have NOT been talking about the content up to now.
Of course you can provide the content as a text file as plain/text.
But not the content of a MP3 file !

> The URL provides more information, but not
> every textarea-like input field might be able to read in files, in
> which case they can use the text. Makes perfect sense to me.
Because you missed the beginning of this discussion it seems.

xmms assumes mp3 filenames to be provided as text/plain.
This is plain wrong.

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer