List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Java
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-11-18 1:48:38

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Read on Mosfets page that Java is working.
> I have SuSE 6.2 with installed JDK 1.1.7b.
> Read in Readme.java that this is working.
>
> I've set the JDK-Path in kcontrol to /usr/lib/java .
>
> Konqueror doesn't display the right output. It shows only a gray box.
>
> What is wrong?

I don't use Suse but used the official port from blackdown.org. That has
a jdk1.2/bin subdirectory, a jdk1.2/lib subdirectory, etc... Apparently
Suse does not keep that structure? If not I think you will have
problems. Damn FSS ;-)

Grab the offical JDK off of www.blackdown.org and use that. You can also
try setting the path to wherever bin/java is and then setting classpath
to /usr/lib/java, but I seriously doubt that will work. Best bet is to
use the official port until development is done.

Make sure to read the README.java in kdelibs/html as well ;-)

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com