List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QString::ascii(), latin1() -> local8Bit()
From:       Woohyun JANG <louis () mizi ! co ! kr>
Date:       1999-11-15 12:58:16

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 01:41:24PM +0100, Harri Porten wrote:
:
: I strongly believe that this would be a deathly sin.
:
: Two example scenarios:
:
: 1.) Imagine someone runs KDE for the first time, sets up a few things,
: discovers the locale settings and ..... his former configuration might
: become broken.

As I said before, In a multiple locale system a normal user usally
don't know which locale they use. It's for a system administrator or
linux distribution creator.

: 2.) Users sometimes exchange their config files if they have problems
: setting up an application. This wouldn't internationally anymore.
: Additionally developers sometimes receive/request the content of an rc
: file when they want to help out.

Yes, I agree number 2. :)

... But we can't change a config file with kedit, I think it's not fair. :(

Regards,
Woohyun JANG