List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kioslaves (RE: QMap bug ?)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-11-11 16:38:04

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Alexander Feigl wrote:
> > > ok, now we know we have to fix it - if QMultiMap is not here in the near
> > > future. But we better don't count on that. Should we do the change to
> > > QMap/QList?
> >
> > Yes, looks like.
> > Can you have a go at it ?
> >

> Hmm. Only if it doesn't really hurry. I cannot promise whether I can do it this
> evening. And from Friday until Monday I'm not at home - I would have the time
> but I don't have a laptop :(

I have changed it.

> Two ^H^H^HOne issue:

> - we need a "total slave count" to delete the oldest slaves if the
number of slaves becomes to large. Any "smarter" but also efficient
solutions than keeping a static int as counter? Also I cannot see how
the slaves are actually > terminated by calling remove() on the QMap
object.. Is this another bug?

Looks like it. The slave needs to be deleted as well.

It seems to work now.

However, I seem to get a bunch of zombie io-slaves. Which made me
wonder why IO-slaves aren't launched using KProcess or a variation
there of. We solved a lot of Unix-process issues in KProcess and
KIOSlave seems currently right on track to redo all mistakes once made
in KProcess.

If there isn't a reason for this I will merge parts of KIOSlave with
KProcess.

Cheers,
Waldo