List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror and khtml behaviour
From:       Lars Knoll <knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-11-11 10:32:43

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> Hi, when I first try to run konqueror, I get a dialog box saying: "The
> protocol file is not supported".  If I try to access
> http://www.kde.org, konqueror starts consuming all available memory
> until killed.

Funny. I never had a problem here. Try a make lcean in kdelibs/khtml and
kdebase/konqueror (remove the generated _stubs.* files too), and rebuilding.

> Has anyone seen these symptoms before? kio_file and kio_http are both
> installed in the same place as konqueror, /usr/local/kde/bin/.

I think it should work as long as they are in your path.

> Also, does anyone know why the following KHTML code fails to do
> anything?  By this I mean a blank window appears but no network
> connections are made or anything:
>
> #include <khtml.h>
> #include <kapp.h>
>
> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> {
> KApplication a(argc, argv, "testkhtml");
>
> KHTMLWidget *html = new KHTMLWidget;
> html->openURL("http://www.kde.org");
> html->show();
> a.setTopWidget(html);
> a.exec();
> }
>
> Linking with:
>
> g++ -I/usr/local/kde/include -I/usr/lib/qt2/include -L/usr/local/kde/lib \
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib khtmltest.cc -lqt -lICE -lkdecore -lkhtml
> Running gives:
>
> openURL this=0x8075918
> QObject::connect: No such slot KHTMLWidget::slotRedirection(int,const char*)
> QObject::connect:  Candidate: slotRedirection(int,const QString&)
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
> KIOJob::createSlave : Slave got
> resizeEvent
> resizeEvent

This looks ok. The QObject::connect messages are normal (I just didn't fix the
slot in khtmlwidget... (it's only needed for http redirections).

This looks to me, like kio for some reason doesn't start kio_http. Might be the
same problem as above.

Cheers,
Lars