List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Application Requirements
From:       "Robert A. Crawford" <crawford () kloognome ! com>
Date:       1999-11-09 23:58:21

	Is there a document that says the minimum an application
must do to "fit" with the other KDE applications? Things like
"load the file named on the command line" and "have a help menu";
I'm looking for _very_ basic things here. A checklist would be
great.

	What about a "skeleton" for distributing the source?
Something with all the automake and autoconf stuff ready for me
to hack at. Or should I just copy what someone else is using?

	I've given in and started developing based off CVSHEAD;
there were some features of the QT 2.1 QViewList I had to have.
My outliner program is moving along, and is almost ready for
an alpha release.

	This is the first time I've released a complete program
in open source, so be gentle. :-)

--
						crawford@iac.net
"DON'T answer messages that make you feel uncomfortable because