List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QMap bug ? (Re: kioslaves don't die?)
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-09 20:15:36

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 09:03:04PM +0100, Alexander Feigl wrote:

> > > 4-line test? Hmm. I don't manage it that short. But - what is
> > > wrong with this 30-liner?
> > >

> *** LOTS OF STUFF SNIPPED ***
>

> > > Can you test it on your machine too?
> >
> > Just did. Same behaviour here !
> > (Using Qt CVS from 30-Oct-1999)
> >
> > But .. reading qmap.h ... insert() calls insertSingle() so this
> > would be expected.
> >
> > insertMulti() exists but only in QMapPrivate ??!??
> > Torben ?
> >

> The question is : is this a feature or a bug? According to the docs it seems
> more like a bug. But looking at the source it looks like intentional.

Yes.

> Did you write to QT

No ... (not yet)

> - or is this list regularly read by some QT people?

It is.
Torben wrote QMap, AFAIK.

Torben : in case you didn't follow the beginning of this, the problem is that
QMap holds one entry per key only. A test program using QMap::insert() proved it.
And it seems normal when reading the sources (insert() calls insertSingle()),
but is this the expected behaviour ?

> We should find out quickly whether we have to change or QT.

I don't even see how we could change this in our code.
We can't call insertMulti() since it's in QMapPrivate...

Torben : help ! :-)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org