List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Additions to KProtocolManager
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-11-09 3:05:21

Hello all,

Would anyone object to me adding the following two methods to
KProtocolManager ?

QString proxy ( const QString _protocol ) const;
void setProxy ( const QString& _protocol, const QString& _proxy );

static bool revmatch ( const char*, const char* );

The first two non-static member function allow you to set and retrieve proxy
information to any supported protocol.  Right now there is only support for
HTTP and FTP protocols.

The static method was/is used in kio_http to check if the host address in the
current URI matches an entry in the NoProxy list if I am using one.  Since it
is a generic checker I thought other protocols besides kio_http can benefit
from it.  I am also unsure if KProtocolManager is the right place for it ?!
Alex has suggested perhaps putting it into KSocket.

Comments please ?

Regards,
Dawit A.