List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Name changes to X Applications?
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-11-08 11:48:45

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Christian Oppel wrote:

> By renaming the apps Corel does not just complicate support, but also does it
> divide Linux further.

It seems the renaming is simply the captions. That was already suggested
by us! For example, kfm doesn't say kfm, it says "File Manager". If that's
what they did, it's no big deal, that's what the -caption option is there
for.

> Look at what happens right now in this mailing list, instead of us working
> together to improve on a great OS
> we flame amongst each other. Thanks Corel!

I have only seen some flaming corel, not "each other", but I'll shut up a
bit now :-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)