Rik Hemsley wrote: > I presume you meant kdm ? Right, just another typo! P-) > > Especially if only root is allowed to shutdown (this would be only > > displayed during root-logout then...) > root should never log in in the first place. That's well known, but sometimes it happens and usually root shuts down the whole thing - that's why. On a desktop-system the user will have the privilege to shutdown - and s/he usually does that when leaving the desktop. It's a good thing with w**dows that both things can be done at once... > > The annoying question for the root-password (the second time) would be > > eliminated! > Er, yes. But shutting down a UNIX box is kind of a major thing. > If you are using a single-user box which you shut down regularly, > I suggest you put shutdown into a group (like wheel) and add yourself to > this group. Then make a .desktop file and just click on its icon. This is a nice workaround, but ofcourse not the straight-forward method to do that! (kdm could check this and draw two nice lines of text at logout) ciao BoP -- Boris Povazay