Hi, it took me far to long to find out that kicker (and such) worked fine, just that I didn't have applications installed. When I started an application (kcmkhc for instance) from the K-start menu I see no feedback. Starting it with the alt-F2 menu gives me the funny requestor that the host does not exist (after about 2 minutes). Some global feedback like a window that opens when stderr can not go anywhere else would be nice. In this case a window would open to print the message sh: kcmkhc: command not found which I can close afterwards.. Thanx -- Thomas Zander zander@earthling.net Today, it's understood that of course you'll use a computer, because it makes other people's lives easier -- or, more icq: 970 00 05 accurately, it enables them to maintain their manic pace. gpg-key: 0588D5