List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: gdbm woes (was Home for Kash?)
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       1999-11-01 16:27:28

"Michael J. Bedy" wrote:
>   If, indeed, I was correct after all, if you could point me to a suitable
> replacement I would be eternally greatful. I know near 0 about databases,
> so I really do need advise on what to replace it with. And no, I don't
> think an SQL database is the right answer. (people keep suggesting that.
> After a little research, I contest that it would be huge amounts of
> overkill, and inconvienient to boot.)

I don't know if it can easily be separated out, but the Perl community did up
"NDBM" as they'd found that there were issues at times relating to portability
of GDBM, DBM, ?BM, etc.  If you've got Perl installed, its compiled with ndbm
as part of the 'core' distribution.  Should you find that you're going to need
an alternative I'd add it to the list of ones that you might want to research
a bit further to see if its of any use for you.

--
Graham TerMarsch

// But they went to MARS around 1953!!