List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: your mail
From:       Ian Zepp <icszepp () localhost ! localdomain>
Date:       1999-10-31 22:14:58

> > > Do you suggest to partially read a tar file from a remove host ?
> > > No offense intended, but this is nonsense.
> > > There is no "index" in a tar file, you see. The files are
> > > put one after the other.
> >
> > I don't mean that either, It would just be nice if when clicking on a tar
> > or gz file, a popup popped up asking whether to display in kfm or download
> > and save.
> Download and save is implemented by drag and drop.
> Not sure it's a good idea to change that.

From what I understand, the tar/gz file has to be downloaded anyways just
to view it in the browser window; it wouldn't be hard to have a:
	Do you want to save locally?
with a checkbox asking
	Always ask this question

For people whose desktop is covered by maximized windows, moving
everything around just so they can download a file is a pain. On top of
that the file goes not into you home directory but into your Desktop
directory, where it's not always clear to look for it. "which <file>" sure
won't find it there.

I'm not trying to troll/flame here; these are just some issues I have with
kfm. :)

Regards

Ian