List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: your mail
From:       Ian Zepp <icszepp () localhost ! localdomain>
Date:       1999-10-31 18:52:52

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Balog Jozsef wrote:

> Dear KDE'ers
>
> I have a question that I didn't find in manulas of KFM. Maybe it is just an option \
> that i just didn't realise yet.  When I am browsing on the net, there are certain \
> links that just won't "link". Like click here to download this file and if I click \
> there KFM just stops and won't do anything. Later on I found out that the files \
> that I can't download with KFM , don't work with Netscape either. With Netscape it \
> starts to download but the file is not downloaded to my hd but I see the same \
> picture on my monitor as if I opened a binary file with a text editor. I found the \
> same mistake on windows version of netscape too.

I have noticed; is a bug or feature:

when clicked .tar or .tar.gz files, kfm tries to download the entire file
from the net (note: with no progress dialog) before then displaying the
contents of the file. Of course, we are not yet allowed to copy to and
from tarred archived, so what's a guy to do?

I suggest the default behavior be some different please..

Regards

Ian