Frederik Bilhaut wrote: > > On dim, 31 oct 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > >> Is there a "kde-official" way to manage this problem ? > >> > >In KDE1 configure checks the libs and compiles a little program to > >trigger the > >data files. > > > >In KDE2 you just use --prefix and append the prefix to KDEDIRS. > > In fact I was asking this from the developer's point of view. I'm having > complaints from KMySql users under RedHat 6, especially because they can't find > the documentation, since my scripts put the docs it into /usr/share/doc instead > of /usr/doc/kde/. > > I was wondering how the kde developers do solve this problem in their scripts > (before starting to write a ugly hack in my owns ;) > Well, scripts are evil :) But there is @kde_htmldir@ to get the right directory at Makefile level and KApplication::kde_htmldir() at runtime. I'm not too sure if we have a docdir per se, but kde_htmldir/../ should what you want then :) -- Everyone makes mistakes -- but we are more experienced at it anonymous KDE developer