Andrew Chant wrote: > As a C programmer somewhat new to KDE, but with plenty of time and > willingness to code open source apps, I was wondering if anyone knows of a > current void that needs to be filled in terms of a KDE 2.0 program. One > thing that I may take on is an FTP Client, because I haven't found any to my > liking in terms of featureset as of yet, but if there are any more pressing > issues which need addressing I would be happy to help. Regarding the FTP > client, would that be frowned upon becuase of Konquerer's universal browser > function? I still feel the need for a specialized FTP program, for batch > transfers and options... > Anyways, any feedback would be welcome. Well, there are a number of FTP clients besides Konqueror, such as Caitoo, KFTP and KberoFTP. There is a (non-KDE specific) site which lists apps (including for KDE) that people have requested which you might consider as a good starting point: http://www.cosource.com/ If you want to consider working with others, there are a bunch of ongoing KDE projects where developers have requested help, including (IIRC) Kash (a money manager/financial tool), Katabase, Magellan and others. If you have a good bit of time to devote, you might consider helping the KOffice development team (koffice.kde.org). Regards, Andreas