List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: koobase
From:       Greg Lee <lee () hawaii ! edu>
Date:       1999-10-29 2:48:21

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:

>    Hi!
>
> On Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 04:00:50PM -0400, Scott L. Patterson wrote:
> > Michael Kropfberger wrote:
> > > a long time ago I head some rumors about a Cubase clone for hard disk recording
> > > - wave file manipulation etc....
> > > I couldn't find it on any kde-site etc...
> > > is somebody still/already working on it?
> >
> > It's been renamed to aRTS. While you're at it, look at Brahms. These all look
> > very promising.
>
> To sort this out:
>
> - kooBase did get renamed to Brahms, and with that recent version, also
>   intense cooperation/integration with aRts started
>
> - aRts is spelled out as analog realtime synthesizer, but it provides much
>   more than synthesis

Don't forget kmidi (in kdemultimedia).  It is a software synth that only
plays midi files.  The version in the head cvs provides decent support
now for sf2 soundfonts (if I do say so).  The kde interface part needs
the kde2-pre version of kdelib, but the sound-playing part can be
compiled and used independently of kde.

Greg Lee <lee@Hawaii.edu>